Skills Programme – 123231
7 Credits at NQF Level 4
This unit standard is intended for line managers of wildlife crews. credited people will be able to effectively handle challenges encountered during wildfire suppression. People credited will be able to explain the terms, concepts and goals for managing the wildfire problem in Southern Africa, interpret the three dimensions of the wildfire management plan, carry out pre-fire procedures, respond to a fire call out, and carry out post fire procedures
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Explain the terms, concepts and goals for managing the wildfire problem in Southern Africa.
- Interpret the three dimensions of the wildfire management plan.
- Carry out pre-fire procedures.
- Respond to a fire call out.
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Generic supervisory skills-NQF Level 3.